Monday, October 5, 2009

Western PA....

Those who protected the West. Okayyyy, so no, not really. Instead it was those who make really cool stained & painted boxes and bonnets during the Springs Folk Festival.
We had a new location this year at the festival, right next to the information booth and on the other side, Jim & Robin were our wild, wild neighbors! It must have been all the caffeine from the chocolate they were eatting and feeding us. Maybe instead it was the spiked cider from the festival - okaaayyy, so there wasn't any spiked cider, though there was talk of how to make it. As it was made for the festival, the cider was delish and there was also fragrant and tastebud bursting warm apple butter bread amongst all the wonderful foods served at this years festival.
The weather held out pretty nicely this year and there were plenty of good vendors, lots of demonstrating and a lovely attendance of people. I was busy enough that I couldn't slip away to really catch any cool pics to post and had to grab my farmer man in the suspenders to help out in my booth. I happened to be wearing my Pappap's old clothes! He frequently had on his old chambray blue shirt & very high wasted pants, of which I refuse to show you how NERDY I actually looked under that leather apron. Who wears their pants THAT HIGH?! Instead I'll show you the classic pocket he always had on the side used to hold pliers and old rulers, etc.
And we joked that I was "Eddie" at the festival, since my Pappap always seemed to grab the nearest sharpy and write his name inside his pants. Anyone out there have a family member who thought they needed to identify their pants for fear that someone in school or work would take their PANTS accidentally?!!!