Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Night time jeweler!

As I was searching for images preparing for the upcoming 2009 Studio Tours, I came across some older photos I had hidden (May 2007). So, I was taking some nice night time images of my studio. After I turned all the lights on and climbed up on to our tall deck, I happened to notice something out of the corn of my eye. I zoomed into the yard and caught this lovely mother raccoon heading for the studio to make some jewelry!!!
Actually, she was going up the humongous oak tree next to my studio to her awaiting babies. She decided I was harmless as she eerily gazed down upon me as I got closer for a picture of her. She later relocated all her babies somewhere deep into the woods on the mountain behind our house and was never seen pounding on metal in my studio again, nor were her off spring. Her babies were so cute though, that I would have taken them in as apprentices.