Monday, November 15, 2010

Off to WVU & Mountaineer Week...

and what fun that was! Ok, so it wasn't so fun to lug everything up a "shared" freight elevator for the set-up, but once it was set up and we were ready to go, it was fabulous. The students, professors, parents and other vendors were just wonderful! I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it. This festival, held in the Mountainlair Student Union, has been around for a lot of years (somewhere around 63) and the whole week is packed full of all kind of activities worth checking out. Though my booth typically doesn't have blue in the background, I thought it was very appropriate to use their colors and I thought it turned out very "WVU festive". Some of my favorites purchases were handmade soaps and a "way cool" poppy pillow! They had everything you could think of from tasty pastas, bee products, fiber, pottery, chocolates, of course jewelry, stained glass and much much more. http://mountaineerweek.wvu.edu/ http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/n/2010/11/17/mountaineer-week-celebrating-appalachian-heritage is a little recap of the week - notice my wacky and fun Topper Stoppers (bottle stoppers) are featured and sold out at this event!